Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 13... Down day

In spite of the great tailwind, I decided to stay in Pierre today. There is much concern here about flooding. The Missouri is a series of reservoirs in SD. In fact they call them the "Great Lake of SD". One of their purposes is flood control and because of heavy rain up stream, massive amounts of water is being systematically released, causing local flooding. Fortunately one campground has been spared so far.

Pierre marks roughly the 1/3 point of the trip. My challege is to find a balance in each day and not let the routine become monotonous. One of these days I'm actually going to do another sketch!

As I write this some kids are riding by on their bikes talking about s'mores. I think I just thought of a way to break up the monotony!

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment