Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 24

Today started out on an embarrassing note. I broke camp, but instead of retracing my steps down the hill in an orderly way, I decided to take my fully-loaded bike down a steep embankment, directly to the road. I'm sure it was good for laugh for more than one passing vehicle. One pickup even slowed and nearly stopped. They either were laughing too hard to drive or were preparing to pick up the pieces. I didn't even look up. Thankfully they moved on.

From there on the day went very smoothly. With the wind pushing me, I made it all the way to Ft. Peck. I wanted to take full advantage of the great weather so I did little sight seeing today. Thunder has already begun to clap so tonight should be interesting (camped at Ft. Peck Lake).

Miles: 111
Total: 1,666

No comments:

Post a Comment