Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 42

I got ahead of myself yesterday. Today is #42.

I left camp early trying to beat the wind. Turns out the wind was light today. First stop was Mitchell. Met one of a group of 3, headed my way. These are the first since Paul, back in NE. I did not end up riding with them since I was just getting breakfast. Maybe I'll catch them tomorrow. The Ochoco National Forest was beautiful and included a challenging 9 mile climb. The Ochoco Reservoir made a perfect picnic spot, then it was on to Prineville, a town of over 10,000. I found a suitable campsite just out of town and called it a day.

Lord willing I will reach Waldport as early as Monday. I will savor these last few days. The Lord has directed and protected me so many time during this adventure thanks to those who have prayed and encouraged me throughout.

Miles: 73
Total: 2,830

No comments:

Post a Comment