Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 34

Riding up Lolo Pass, with all its history and beauty, made me appreciate God's creative power and the resourcefulness of the native Americans who travelled through this rugged land for thousands of years before Lewis and Clark and those who followed. To this day a railroad has never penetrated this rugged terrain.

Today, waiting at the top is a visitor's center, complete with WiFi, coffee and hot chocolate. I relaxed for a good while before starting my decent. For the test of the story read my previous post.

I was hopeful the rain would end after leaving the pass, but instead it increased. Thankfully I'm now equipped with proper wet gear!

I slept under the canopy of old growth cedars, where the undergrowth is sparse and the rain cannot fully penetrate.

Miles: 85
Total: 2,299

No comments:

Post a Comment