Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 31

Today is significant for having crossed the Continental Divide. The pass was not as strenuous as I expected, however, Lolo pass will be a different story in a few days. I'm camping just off the road in Helena National Forest and the full moon is alluminating the tent interior with a misty glow. Since I'm now in bear country I thought it wise to hang my food in a tree. The animals must have gotten a real laugh as I made one feeble attempt after another, but I finally succeeded in hanging it about 8 feet off the ground. If we have pigmee bears we should be fine. A nearby tree is squeaking as it blows in the wind, adding to the night's ambiance.

Miles: 73
Total: 2,093

1 comment:

  1. In the class I'm taking, I'm supposed to do something that scares me every day. Just reading your blog today scared me. I hope the bears stay clear. I love the sky pics. There is art all around us, if we just take the time to notice. Love you, SIS

    ReplyDelete