Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 36

It was another delightfully, slightly downhill ride Saturday, from Kamiah, ID to Clarkston, WA. Following US Hwy 12 as it follows the Clearwater River, I saw deer frolicking on the opposite shore, watched fishermen vying for big salmon and osprey tending there nests. This is the river that greeted Lewis & Clark after their arduous journey over the Bitterroot Mtns. One historical marker commemorated the spot they stopped to build 5 dugout canoes in 2 week.

Miles: 68
Total: 2,440

2 comments:

  1. Happy Fathers day!!! You're such and inspiration to us all. Keep it up, almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raleigh. Life us such a great gift. I'm blessed to have 4 (now 5) of the best sons and daughters in the world
    and a wife who loves and encourages me to be my best. This morning's message was about Hosea and his wife Gomer. It reminded my how deep God's love is for me. Even when I simned failed my wife and family, he continued to love and call me to Him. God gave me a second chance. I'm so glad he did.

    ReplyDelete